Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sytrus project



For the first part of my synth I used a saw wave on operators 4 and 5(I messed up on 1, 2 and 3) On Operator 4, I turned the nob where the fours intersect to 100, then the output to 40. I enabled the declick and the band limit, turned the octave number to 1, and enabled the volume envelope that was there. I also enabled the pitch envelope and brought the origin down all the way. I did this to Operator 5 also.

Next I went to the filter 1 tab and turned 3-6, fx and the output all the way up. I selected the lime low pass filter, turned the cutoff envelope to 100, and the resonance to 0. Then put the cutoff frequency to 35. Lastly I enabled the x3, filter mode.

On filter 2, I turned 3 and the output to 100. Set the filter type to vanilla band pass, the cutoff envelope to 100, the cutoff frequency to 52, and the resonance to 0. Lastly I enabled the x1, filter mode.

Then switched to the fx tab and put the chorus at 5 and turned the chorus depth to 100. I switched on the reverb and set the letter(color) to W(warm). I turned the room size to 1, reverb diffusion to 32.

So the second synth I set 1 to 65 and the output to 100. On filter 1, I set 1 and 2 to 100, 3 to 45, and the fx and output to 100. I used a sine wave as my wave form.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    You had me totally hooked on your opening. I even smiled when the new part came up- the bridge. But then it stopped. Why? There was SO much more room for development here. Even if you had returned to the original statement ofter the bridge chords, it would have improved the form of the piece.
    Excellent synth sounds, and a thoughtful groove (even though the bass was a wee bit muddy).
    Your post was a list of things you did, but you didn't explain why you did those things. That would have been helpful.
    Overall good work. More development would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the way you blended your sounds together was very cool in the beginning, however your sound got very muddy toward the middle and end and i think it took away from your overall sound.

    ReplyDelete