Monday, March 16, 2009

Chop project



I am surprised on how well everything turned out when i layered it all together. The opening "ahhh" as it is is the 'breathysortabassthing' from the sim synth. The pattern is actual chopped three times of the same thing, which was sort of an accident. i wanted a more full sound from it, but i clicked the check instead of one of the nobs at the bottom and.... Poof! I had selected gospel trance 1 under the lead folder. The second 'ahhh' pattern was transposed down 3 steps.

The pattern under the original trance you hear is the boo bass, which was only chopped once. The base of the notes are played on 1, 4, 3, 1, 4, 3. Then with pattern 5, I transposed the bass down 4 steps. For pattern 4 you have same Sim Synth 'breathysortabassthing' chopped 2 times on kre13th. For the boom-chucks you hear, I used the Hip Kick 9 and the RD Hat. I used the kick on each beat and the RD Hat on the 'and' of 1, 2, 3, and 4.

3 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of the synths you have here, and your post is quite descriptive. I see how you came up with your piece. I would really like to hear some development of the original theme rather than a new theme taking over in the bridge section. At the very least, I would have liked to have heard the piece return to the original theme creating an ABA form rather than AB. You also have no ending. It just kind of stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first pattern is very laid back, not very forceful. In complete contrast is your bridge. While both were enjoyable to hear I am not completelyconviced that they go together. I enjoyed the last pattern, but the ending leaves the listener hanging. There isn't really an ending to tie the peice to a close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the breathy-ness of the bass and how the last loop is kind of popping with the notes (how they are so clear and concise). If you made an ending, I think it would be better because it could all "tie in".

    ReplyDelete